For the first time since their 1986 introduction, the Gold and Silver Eagles are receiving an updated design mid-year 2021. This mid-year introduction, coming at a time of unprecedented demand for bullion, has led to a very limited supply of coins available at launch. Act now to add the first issue of the new design to your collection!
- Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown, but it will not be this exact item in the photo.
- Prices & availability are subject to change without notice.
2021 1/2 oz Gold Eagle MS-70 PCGS (Type 2)
- Each coin contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.